First Post! – Book Review

A book that I recently enjoyed was called Hatchet by Gary Paulsen. It is about a boy named Brian that is in a 2 person plane and the pilot has a heart attack and the plane crashes in the middle of the woods. On his own, he must survive with limited items in the middle of nowhere. I really enjoyed the intensity of the book and how it really brings out Brian’s emotions. It was quite the page-turner because you felt like you were with him in the situation. It made you want to help him. I think that if you are into intense books and maybe are a teenager you might enjoy Paulsen’s thrilling novel. I highly recommend this book.

2 thoughts on “First Post! – Book Review

1. Dear Riley,

The book sounds very exciting and action packed. You did a very good job at telling me some of the details and plot but not completely spoiling the book, Good job!

-Tommy Fong

2. I’ve read this book about four years ago, but I still remember the intensity, as you have mentioned. It is a great coming of age story to share with everyone. Are you a fan of books in general? I am also in the Student Blogging Challenge, so check out my blog: http://haleyl2001.edublogs.org/